I had my first round of chemo Friday night. Three drugs were administered back-to-back and it took 7+ hours. We got out of there by around 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning. It shouldn’t take that long every time. One of the drugs made me sick temporarily. I am not sick now (except for a cold I caught last night), but apparently the side effects will unroll in the days to come.
I have to go for chemo every three weeks, for about half a day.
We traveled back to Tyler yesterday, and early tomorrow I have to go to Houston again, not for chemo but for something else. I am tired and will try to update this blog next week with more information. For now, I just wanted you to know I am okay.
- Pray the chemo kills the cancer effectively.
- Pray the side effects of chemo will be minimal and well tolerated by my body.
- Pray I can find a suitable head covering before I need one by the end of the month.
- Pray my finger nails and toe nails don’t fall out. Apparently that can happen if you aren’t careful.
- Pray I won’t have bad mouth sores (I hate mouth sores).
- Pray the medical tests give the doctors accurate information to help them solve what’s wrong with me.
- I am thankful for doctors and medical personnel. If I had a car that was broken down, I’d want to take it to an expert to get it fixed, so when my body needs help, I think it is reasonable to seek medical care. However, pray that God will be honored as the One in charge of my care, rather than any human expert. He made me from the start, and he can see so much more than the doctors can.
Thanks for keeping up with me and praying for me!